Sunday, October 3, 2010

Life changes again tomorrow

I was talking with a buddy who's also got WG (shorthand for Wegener's Granulomatosis) and we were talking about change. I love change. I have always loved change. I find that any change is change for the better, even if it sucks at the time. Wegs has been like that for me. It has changed my life in so many ways but I think most if not all have been for the better. Granted physically I am in crappy shape compared to where I was before the events of May of this year, but it's giving me an opportunity to work towards a much cooler goal as far as physical shape goes then before. Before it was just for the fun of it... the skiing, the biking, the running, all of it was just for fun - now the goal is to get better and stronger and healthier and be there for my family, a much worthier goal, no?

Back to the topic at hand. Change. "Change is good donkey", and tomorrow life takes on another great change for my amazing little family. Hana goes to her first day of Nursery School. I know, little change in the big scheme - every family experiences it, everyone goes through it, but boy does it taste sweet to me considering that for a few moments in a hospital bed about five months ago I didn't think I would be alive to see this day. I'm so stoked, I have tears running down my cheeks as I write this. The happy kind of course.


Hana getting a bang cut for first day of nursery school.
 Today I also went down to 15mg of pred. I've been dealing with a cold the last few days, my first since I started the drug cocktail (I still owe you a list of immunosurpressant side effects - later) and being immune compromised. The physical effects were there but I think they were less of an issue than my mental angst about the whole thing. The viral stuff is OK, I think it might hit us a little harder and linger a little longer, but it also opens us up for bacterial and fungal infections. THAT is what I worry about. THAT I don't want to deal with. I see my rheumy on the 20th of this month and we will probably switch from crazy toxic chemo to just toxic chemo and see what happens. By the time I see him, I should also be on 12.5mg of pred, so hopefully by then I'll be able to report some improved sleeping habits. Any sleeping habit is good as long as it has actual sleeping in it, I'm all over it - ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment