Monday, December 5, 2011

It's not easy being green

Although I don't have Kermit's chops, I did share his lovely complexion in the last night and day. I don't think I like anything I've experienced less than emptying the contents of my bowels involuntarily with all the involuntary muscular contractions and body contortions that go with it. It has brought a couple of things to light.

One is how lucky I was to have been in good shape before getting WG. Now I'm in anything but good shape, and less than 24 hours of stomach flu has managed to knock me on my ass. So stay in shape, you never know when you'll need it.

Two is how lucky I am. How, you may ask. I've been in a couple of situations that are vomitously flamable, and I've been spared on both counts. I didn't have any nausea when I was pregers, and I've been super lucky in the last year and a half of daily chemotherapy ingestion. So yes - lucky. Now I'm in bed trying to regain my composure so that I can keep going on with our plan to change the world for the better.

Till soon.

1 comment:

  1. It's not so easy being green, Marta. Hang tough, please. We still need you! The composure will return. Partly because of your enthusiasm, I've decided that changing the world for the better is a real possibility.

    Al

    ReplyDelete