Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yipeeeeee!!!!

Not quite sure how to express my joy in words, but whoa, am I one seriously happy girl.

Met my new rheumatologist yesterday - and yes, she said she would be my new doctor - and she totally rocks. She's super nice and she's completely versed and immersed in the world of vasculitis. She said a few things to me that made me feel like this person will go out of their way to make me get better. She also knows in which direction to go out of her way to help me get better, so I feel like I'm in very very good hands. Not only was the visit awesome from a Wegs perspective, but she's also a very nice human being which is way more than I could have ever asked for.

We're about to change treatment protocol because she said that she's "concerned about me". So onto a new road we go. We're both super keen to get this thing under control and get back to a normal life (or as Hana would say - normial). So bring it on!

I'm also a very superstitious girl - as some of you might know - and right after the appointment as I was coming home, I drove under a bridge with a train engine going above my head. This is very good luck. I know, I'm a crazy Bulgarian.

It's a new day. I must admit that I had to shed a little tear of joy after the appointment. I kept it together during the appointment (and there were a few places where I felt a little misty) but I had to release the hounds after the appointment. I was THRILLED!

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Marta! Way to go, glad you searched out this rheumy. My Dad was a railroader and we too believe in the train engine/ bridge thing. Only we hold our feet and hands in the air as we pass under. Not always so good for the driver! I am so pleased for you.
    I am enjoying your blog and can't wait for the book.
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marta, speaking of superstitious eastern Europeans, you need to get to some fresh water today before 1 pm. Lilia said fresh water is very powerful and healing right now.... They (she and Victor) went swimming in an open stream yesterday! Don't give yourself hypothermia but maybe just stick your hands in somewhere? Worth a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lusty (wahaha - I love it) I'm in Edmonton - so no fresh water around unless I go to the North Saskatchewan River, so naaaa. I'll be sure to do it as soon as I get back to J-town but that wont be for at least another week and a half. Thanks for the tip though Marn. See you on the flip side.

    ReplyDelete