Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Excited Marta

Just went and got my lab results from yesterday and guess what - wooot woot!!!! Liver function tests are normalizing. The reason I'm excited about this is because we're trying the experiment again, but this time it's more controlled. I've been on the cytox for several weeks, and the symptoms are subsiding. I was taken off the dapsone in fear that it was elevating the liver enzymes, and just last Friday we decided to reintroduce it and see if it throws things off. Not only has it not elevated them, but they continue to normalize. ALT is within normal range for a healthy person, my GGT is still high but getting lower (last test before yesterday was at about 150+ and yesterday was 117) Also my ESR (sed rate - an inflamation marker) is 11. This is where it has been hoovering all summer. It went up to 69 when I was in hospital in November, and I just found out that it was at 118 on May 03, when I went to Emergency in Hinton.

Speaking of which, I had a great appointment with my ENT on Monday - got to see up my nose and down my vocal chords - pretty wild. I was concerned that I might have some tracheal involvement as I've been short of breath and have had some painful episodes in my throat/neck area, but my vocal chords are looking sweet. So I think my problem is stupid pred side effects. Either because I'm blowing up so much in my face and neck area and/or acid reflux from the pred. I think it might be acid reflux. I've got some pills for that now too - just to add to the cocktail.

I had an absolutely horrible appointment with a rude, condescending opthamologist at the Royal Alex Eye Clinic with a total disregard for other people's time or dignity. Arrrghhh. Thank God I didn't cancel my Vancouver trip for that appointment because I would have lost my cool. I managed to keep it but moreso because I was stunned into silence by his comments. Nevertheless, things happen for a reason and since that appointment, things have been going pretty well. Did you see my lab results??? Yaaa hhooooooo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment