Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Time's fun when you're having flies

Well it's almost a year from the real crazy times. It was a year ago today that I was in the Emergency Department of Hinton Hospital. Tomorrow would have been the drive to Edmonton to see the ENT for the last time before diagnosis, and three days from now was the night that I was told I have terminal-ish cancer of the lungs. Then things started to get better. These days were the real shitty ones.

Now - today - I feel good... real good (well ). Had the RTX just under a month ago, and what a difference. I just bought a treadmill and it came in last week. I've been walking on it to try and get some of the conditioning that I've lost over the last year. I look like a fertility doll - which I have never found pretty.

I've cut my hair short - up to the new growth - and all of my new hair is curly.... hmmmm, all of that money I spent as a teenager on perms, just popping some little pills for 10 months coulda accomplished the same effect. Ha!

The ski season is over, and it's time for new beginnings. Time to get the old Marta back on track. Time to publish a book. Time to plan a big event for next spring's Rare Disease Day (stay tuned).... also there might be some history making news from our Weggie Survey, who knows what tomorrow brings, I do know that today is a beautiful day with my beautiful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment