Friday, March 11, 2011

Biological Weapon of Mass Destruction

Wa - ha ha ha ha..... I have set off a serious BWMD on some poor, unsuspecting, misguided B-lymphocytes. There will be another attack in 18 days to kill off the ones we missed and then a new/old life hopefully.

The event was quite uneventful - thank goodness. The nurses were awesome. There are a lot of people who are in there too often. It was quite the infusion dance hall. I got to see lots of people coming in and leaving as my infusion is one of the longer ones. I was there from 8:20am to 3:20pm. One dude came in (a regular) and slept for about 6 hours while getting his infusion. Apparently he works nights and schedules his infusions in the middle of his workweek so that he can get a good sleep before hand. They give him some Benydryl and off he goes to slumberland. It was an interesting vibe - way different from the ER vibe where everyone around is in a slight panic and unsure of the events to come. Here it was all relaxed and everyone that came in was at peace with their lot and what has to be done. The lady beside me said to me... regardless of the poking and prodding, it sure is worth it in the long run. The nurses are happy, relaxed, peaceful, as are the patients.

I felt a little tired after the event last night, and a little off today (tired wise) but other than that nothing out of the ordinary. I've been having dreams of running races, and through the forest, and doing all sorts of things from my old life that I haven't done in a very long time... so hopefully, like little Hana says, "your night dreams will come true".

No comments:

Post a Comment