Monday, August 1, 2011

just sayin....

just sayin' not much, but thought I should post. Ma and pa are in Europe and it's hard getting in touch so I'm gonna use this forum to communicate with the rents.

Life's been gouda. I've been feeling stronger and all of the little aches and pains that were so reminiscent of the 'early days' have now left the building. It is because of them that I went to Dr. Y to see if she can put me on the maintenance drug sooner and seems to have done the deed. I did get a sore throat last week though and popped a few oregano pills and did the old 'grappa on a wool cloth on my throat' trick which eliminated the sore throat within two days. The bummer of it is that it has now silently moved on to my lungs. I will do the same routine but if it doesn't do the trick I have some antibiotics prescribed to me for just such a case. I had my doc prescribe me an antibiotic in case I got something while on the plane travelling to Hawaii next month (oh yeah, only 30 more sleeps until I hit the beach and am promptly thrown 'back' into the water by some well meaning environmentalists.) I have a feeling I will be going in for another prescription.

Wendy Hall, bless her soul, lent me her behind the bike trailer for Hana and we tried it out a few days ago and it ROCKS!!!! So today Hana and I went for our first real mountain bike ride together. It was absolutely fabulous. Absolutely! We rode. We talked. She's a smart kid. I so totally love that monkey. We hung out and just sat on a bridge and looked at the scenery. It was a magical afternoon, and I got to get some exercise and get one step closer to 'old Marta' (there are a lot of steps to go, but as with Wegener's, one little step at a time.)

I'm also going to do a little experiment this week. Hana is in Drama Camp (they let her in underage because of her natural aptitude for drama - ha ha ha ha - she looooves it even though she's a year and a half under age) and while she's in there this Wednesday, I will give selling elephant ears/ beaver tails (deep fried dough with icing sugar on it) a go at our local Farmer's Market. It might suck, or it might be great. I want to try it though so I'm never asking myself 'what if'.

Talking/preparing to go back to work in September (end of) after we get back from our holiday, so that's kind of ominous, but gotta do it. I'm looking forward to doing something productive with all of my old buds from the office. I will be working from home though just to avoid the cubicle land petry dish. I'm quite freaked out about getting sick again. "They" - docs and other smarty pants who know about this disease say that an infection of any kind can kick off a flare, something I am not in the least bit interested in, also I have a harder time fighting any bacterial infections and viral stuff takes a long time to get out of my system with my lack of 'fighter cells'. Oh well. I found I was the most productive in my life when I worked my home business before getting on with Parks, so we'll see. Maybe I'll start a trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment